The War To End All Wars " WW I "

At the 11th hour on the morning of November 11, 1918, the "war to end all wars" WWI ended.

Long trenches with those glorious machine guns and hulking armour crashing through fortified trenches and they themselves becoming entangled in tank traps !

Now this is a classic and 'must do' for CM 3. Perhaps, we could start an 'Internet poll' and let the endusers have some input.

In an article written by 'David Filip' with regard to an email interview with the President of BTS, 'Charles Moylan', he was quoted as stating the following:

<quote start>

The next game will take place on the Russian Front from 1941 to 1945, pitting the German Whermacht against the Soviet Red Army juggernaut. I can't wait to see masses of T-34's racing across the steppes to do thunderous battle with Tiger and Panthers. It will be tremendous [...] After that, plans are not solidified but we'll most likely visit the North African and Mediterranean theaters for Combat Mission 3, and the early-war Blitzkrieg for CM4 [...] but other periods are still possible. I think the most likely is a modern-era game pitting M1A1 Abrams tanks and modern infantry against T-80s, helicopters, wireguided missiles and more

<quote end>

One problem with the American's against anyone, no equipment can match it ! In the Iraqi war they lost zero M1A1 Abrams, although some did take some hits.

Regards,

Warmonger

Warmonger,

Firstly I don't think this really a "Tech Support" issue and perhaps it should have been posted elsewhere.

However having said that I dont think the Western Front in WWI (especially after say October 1914) is an ideal location for CM. After October all possibility of manouevre left the battlefield and it boiled down to attrition at its worst. I'm not sure I'd like to play for an hour or so and at the end say "I won because I have more survivors than you".

Pre October '14 Western Front, the Eastern Front, The Palestine campaign or Italy might be better choices than the mud of France and Flanders.

------------------

Regards,

Mark:-{)

Anxiously awaiting the G4 PowerBook