Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Install problem

i cannot get cmbb to install properly. i get an open play not installed error message. i have 24 gigs left on hard drive i

have tried installing from cd and i also have tried to copy the cd to my hard drive and installing from there. the demo version works fine. i also tried to copy openplay from the demo version to the retail version. when i do that all i get is a black screen when i try to open cmbb. please help i have blown 50 bucks.

thanks

paul ppeltz@bellsouth.net

Could be a faulty install. Let me ask you a few questions.

When you first installed the game, did the installer report any errors or bad files or did it seem to complete with no issues?

After you installed the game from CD, did you then install any patches before you tried to run the game?

Browse into your CMBB folder on your computer. What do you see inside the "Openplay Modules" folder?

Check your "Scenarios" folder, are there any files there?

When you copied the openplay.dll from the demo, did it ask you to overwrite the existing file?

Madmatt

The install seems to load as it should;however there are no openplay modules inside of the CMBB folder like there is with the demo. I have tried the program before installing any patches and I have tried installing the update patches.

I did not get any messages when I copied openplay from the demo.

My computer is a Mac G4/ 1ghz/ 1024 mb /8500 ATI card

Paul

Ah okay, I didnt realize you were on a Mac.

When you put in the Mac CD, you see a window appear with the three installers: one each for English, German and French. Normally you just double-click one and the computer takes it from there.

Behind the scenes, these installers run OTHER installers, in a sort of chain. You can see these other installers by scrolling down in the

window mentioned above. (we did it this way so that the installers could share data).

They're called: Data2H, Data2C, Data3, Data4.

Data2H and Data2c are the first batch of BMP files.

Data3 has the remaining BMPs and all sounds.

Data4 has OpenPlay.

So, since it is saying OpenPlay didn't install, try and run the Data4 installer by itself.

Madmatt

This worked for me as I suffered from similar frustration.

As you have plenty of HD space, copy the contents of the CD onto your hard drive. Run the installer from the hard drive. It will reduce the install time to 15 minutes or so.

After you verify that the install took (ie the game runs) install the updates.

In my CMBB folder I have:

CM Barbarossoa to Berlin (the game)

Data (folder)

Openplay modules (folder)

OpenPlayLib (single 36kb file)

PBEM (folder)

Quick Battle Maps (folder)

Saved Games (folder)

Scenarios (folder)

Hope that helps.