Strange unit behaviour.

Hello,

I'm currently playing the Dutch campaign. One thing is really annoying. In the current mission I begin with a couple of Fenneks. When I advance they start spotting enemy main battle tanks (I think T62ms).

And now they start engaging them with their 12.7mm machine guns. It's insane. Why should they do something that stupid? The don't recieve any enemy fire.

And it becomes worse. I set really small target arcs, for both driver and crew, order them to hide, but they don't care. They keep on firing.

Am I missing something?

Hello,

I'm currently playing the Dutch campaign. One thing is really annoying. In the current mission I begin with a couple of Fenneks. When I advance they start spotting enemy main battle tanks (I think T62ms).

And now they start engaging them with their 12.7mm machine guns. It's insane. Why should they do something that stupid? The don't recieve any enemy fire.

And it becomes worse. I set really small target arcs, for both driver and crew, order them to hide, but they don't care. They keep on firing.

Am I missing something?

Just out of curiosity, how do you set target arcs for both the driver and the crew? I was under the impression that you can only set one cover arc for the whole vehicle.

The passengers of the vehicle (2) are handled as crew. One of them operates the weapon system. And as they are displayed as passengers, I could assign them an arc, too.

Maybe the driver doesn't even need one. I just wasn't sure, if he's the one in command and can override "crew" orders.

Theses Fenneks are a really strange combination.

The passengers of the vehicle (2) are handled as crew. One of them operates the weapon system. And as they are displayed as passengers, I could assign them an arc, too.

Maybe the driver doesn't even need one. I just wasn't sure, if he's the one in command and can override "crew" orders.

Theses Fenneks are a really strange combination.

Ah I see, normally setting the target arc for the vehicle itself should be enough and hiding should definitely work. Sometimes the AI will ignore target arcs if it feels threatened. You should make a save game of this if you can replicate this.