CM quits to desktop

hi all,

i have a G4 mac with 192 ram. i played the senario "All or Nothing" yeaterday with

no problems up to turn 50 and then quit for the nite,today i tried the sernario with allies at 200% smile.gif at about turn 35 (i was about to moblize just about the whole army!) as soon as the loading was done and just before the action phase the computer quit to the desktop with no error message or freeze up it just quit out of the program! i tried to reload the auto save and the same thing happened .Any advise on this strange behavior or is this a bug?BTW this a terrfic game!

bill

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:

hi all,

i have a G4 mac with 192 ram. i played the senario "All or Nothing" yeaterday with

no problems up to turn 50 and then quit for the nite,today i tried the sernario with allies at 200% smile.gif at about turn 35 (i was about to moblize just about the whole army!) as soon as the loading was done and just before the action phase the computer quit to the desktop with no error message or freeze up it just quit out of the program! i tried to reload the auto save and the same thing happened .Any advise on this strange behavior or is this a bug?BTW this a terrfic game!

bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bill,

I recommend leaving your computer alone, if the problem only happens with that one saved file. If you try to make adjustments, you will likely just introduce more problems.

However, if it happens again, I would post the problem, along with a basic report from the Apple System Profiler. (Apple Menu)

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

I've been having this problem pretty reliably with my PB G3/300, also 192 MB. The odd thing is that it almost always loads properly the second time (and later). I usually launch, load, crash, launch, load (the PBEM, bit the autosave), play. It seemed to develop only after I defragged my hard drive with Norton. I haven't had the patience to sit down and track down the problem. It's not ideal, but it works.

I've been suspecting the control strip, since it tends to want to write to the screen on top of CM (and manages to do so in the set up and editor). I had some problems also with norton disklight that seemed consistent enough to turn off disklight.

[This message has been edited by chrisl (edited 07-02-2000).]

hi

still happens with large maps with 200%

allied advantage latest was with "when eagles clash". was able to restart with auto save multaple times but then it finnaly quit after the computer "thinkig"(a differant point from before when i reported the original problem reported) and at the point was unable to continue the game,this happened after reinforements arrive and was doing a mass movement.i suspect it is some kind of memory problem and may be exceeding some limit of the computer?anyhow here is my system profile.

Software overview

Mac OS overview

Finder: 9.0

System: 9.0.4 US

Active enabler: PowerPC Enabler 9.0.4

QuickTime: 4.1

File sharing: is off

Multiple Users: 1.1

Startup device

Name: Macintosh HD

Type: Hard drive

Bus: Internal ATA