Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

problem please help

to enhance perfomance i just replaced my old 16mb matrox by a geforce4/ti4200 64mb on my p3/800,128 ram system. but the result is very dissapointing, just a slight improvement :mad: . i´m having an agp port but interestingly in the system specs it´s saying

..agp (pci mode).. , am i doing something wrong with the drivers, what does that pci mode mean?

by the way what´s the hotkey to show framerate?

thanks for replies, tschüss

This may sound silly, but I have to ask. You did buy an AGP card right?

Did you have on-board video before? If so, you may need to set a motherboard jumper to turn it off.

You should also go into your BIOS/CMOS settings (usually accessible while the machine is booting by pressing F2, Delete, or F8. It depends on your BIOS mfr. and the key to push usually shows up on the screen during bootup). Check for any sort of setting to choose between PCI and AGP.

Did you uninstall the old drivers first and set the driver to a standard VGA driver? That should have been done first. Then removal of the old card, installation of new, and installation of the newest drivers for the card. I believe the 40.72 drivers from www.nvidia.com would be best. Check other posts on this forum just to make sure though.

If you didn't uninstall the old drivers first, do so through the Program menu if possible, or through the Add/Remove Programs window in the Control Panel. Then select a standard VGA driver, reboot, and install the NVidia drivers and reboot.

Good luck,

BeWary