White colour becomes transparent?

Hi all

Although more or less veteran as a CMBO gamer, I have encountered a new problem. After restoring a computer crash, white has turned transparent in my CMBO. For example, I cannot see the text when I type turn names in pbem. All white text sort of shudder and blink during the game, going from white to transparent and back again.

After the crash, nothing new has been added to pre-crash systems, except MS Office, but I can't figure what relation Office could ever have to CMBO. Then again, I am hardly skilled with software either.

Is this problem familiar to anyone? Any solution around?

Regards

Dandelion

OK I'll try, I'm not the very knowledgeable person when it comes to hardware either :(

When introducing itself it says it's a ACPI PC with Windows XP operating system, Home edition. It also says it has a Intel Celeron 1200 Mhz processor and 256MB RAM.

The graphic cards says it's a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400

There's a SAMSUNG CD-ROM in here...SC 152L it says. No idea what speed it has.

A motherboard with a really long name but no useful information, other than total capacity...

Can't seem to identify or otherwise contact my sound card here...wonder if I have any. Really nice quality sound tho, so I guess there's a shy one in there some where.

Will it work with this information?

Regards

Dandelion

...to elucidate some on the problem, during games it's the "TURN", "OF" and "GO" whites that blink. The type-writer type of text, such as ammo amount and so on, is as normal. I also can see no disturbance in the game 3D grpahics.

After a pbem turn, when prompted to save and write new name, it's all black. I see nothing but black boxes. Of course I know what they say so I can manage, but still.

Cheerio

Dandelion

...also, I don't get to see the AAR, as it's all black, unless I look at the map first and then click back, in which case the AAR appears with black text, but no white background.

Also, in the scenario creator engine, unit lists look really weird, most of the text being either invisible or otherwise strange.

Cheerio

Dandelion

Hey it worked. Actually, it worked after I had changed for an older model driver, namely from the latest 43something to an older, 40.72. And suddenly all problems were gone.

Odd, not?

Thought I'd write it here in case anyone ever has the same weird white-turns-tranpsarent problem.

Cheers all

Dandelion