Meeting engagement possible in mission generator?

Hi guys,

it has been a while since I have been here and played ToW. The continuing trench attacks and triggered counter attacks really tired me out and I stopped playing. Recently I played the demo a few times and there particularly the missions created by the in-game mission generator.

I think the fact that you can leave everything to random values and let the PC choose for you makes the battles a lot less predictable. However, the demo only features one map and in every created mission the defender will be placed in trenches.

Are there maps in the full version without trenches which can be used for a meeting engagement? And if that exists does the PC attack at all, or just standing around at the starting position?

If anyone could help me with that I`d appreciate that. I would only buy this game for the randomly created missions (I don`t like to setup a mission in the editor, since you already know what`s coming at you :-) ).

From what I have read here the campaign missions are almost exactly as in ToW (trench after trench after trench), so for me the most important feature would be the mission generator.

Thanks and best regards,

Michèl

Hi guys,

If anyone could help me with that I`d appreciate that. I would only buy this game for the randomly created missions (I don`t like to setup a mission in the editor, since you already know what`s coming at you :-) ).

Not true!

You can code randomly selected squads/battlegroups, see Bulldogs campaign, some missions have > 200 variations in force structure & behavior. Even if you did code the mission you still don't know what or where the enemy are coming from.

Not true!

You can code randomly selected squads/battlegroups, see Bulldogs campaign, some missions have > 200 variations in force structure & behavior. Even if you did code the mission you still don't know what or where the enemy are coming from.

Hm, okay. I think I based my knowledge on the old ToW, probably before Patch X.X.

Regarding my original question I don`t need help anymore. Just a few hours ago there opened up a discount opportunity and I took that chance and bought it.

Thanks anyway.

in context of the quick battle generator I would be keen on having random enemy units and placement. One has to trick the computer into a meeting engagement by having it on the attack. Multiple objective flags for a quick battle would add to the randomness if there was such a thing.