Different Forces for different AI plans

Goodaye,

Fairly basic Editor question but it has got me stumped.

I have a scenario with a red defender force composition.

What I want to do is have a number of AI plans.

Each plan has different set up zones etc. but I also would like - and can't figure out - to have a different selection of units from my red force composition .

So in effect I have a red defender force composition of, say, ten units.

AI plan one uses only six of these units. AI plan two uses eight of them, etc.

I've figured out that I can do it by hiding the units I don't want for a particular plan in a deep hole at the back of the map but this isn't an elegant solution.

Attempting to do this via the AI plans described above has met with all kinds of weird behaviour.

If anyone can tell me if I'm chasing a mirage 'cause it isn't doable or alternatively, how to do it, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Plugger

Don't think it's possible.

you can only assign units to one group, therefore no matter what the plan the groups will allways be the same size

I'm guessing you're trying to achieve an Arma style %chance of a unit appearing on map? That isn't possible i'm afraid. Rather than making a hole in the map you could hide a very small building with no windows and doors and an innacessable roof and it'll be a slightly more elegant solution.

The % chance thing would be a great feature for CMSF (and can't be that hard to implement) -

With that said - A work around for Red AI surrendering....Is I'll create a sealed off area (with high walls, HIDE commands) and place red units within there -As reinforcements to show up way late (hour 3)....This definitely helps in reducing AI surrenders.

Goodaye,

O.K, thanks for the information.

Can't be done.

% chance of inclusion was what I was after but the idea of a sealed building, etc. is a better idea than my toilet pit at the back.

Hopefully % chance and Triggers might get a look in with CM: Normandy as the editor is very good at making maps but very limited in terms of AI.

Cheers,

Plugger