Targeted unit - combines with HQ -

I set up a recent scenario where the clearning of a good size town is called for (Blufor Vs Uncons). Along with the clearing of the city a specific member is to be targted & killed if possible -

At the end of the scenario (which the red threw in the towel after quite a lengthy battle) it gave Blufor credit for the killing / capturing of HVT unit that was targeted....(which it does automatically if red surrenders....which I dont' necessarily agree with but have learned to adjust to)..

However, after a review of the battle field, and not being able to locate said HVT unit.... I noticed that the HVT unit had combined with its HQ unit it appeared at some point in the battle (after taking a man loss or two). At the start of the battle the HQ unit (of this HVTs group) had 2 members. The HVT unit itself was a 5 man fireteam / unit.

During the review of the map I could not find this HVT unit (KIA on the battle field) Nor could I find the "Flag" symbol of the HQ unit. What I did find was a unit labled "HQ AQ FG1"....which had 5 members in it (1 of those members was part of the original HQ unit, as I could confirm because of its AKM weapon....the other 4 members appeared to be what was l left of the HVT fireteam). No where on the map was the HVT labeled fireteam.....They were simply now part of / called "HQ AQ FG1".

Interesting.....and this unit was alive and have found sancuary in an old complex in a quieter part of the city....

If i understand your question correctly...

i believe syrian (uncons and conventionals) squads form a HQ unit if their actual HQ unit is destroyed

What seemed interesting is.....It was part of the original HQ unit and part of the First Fire Team unit (HVT unit). The original 2-man HQ unit was not fully destroyed (1 man was KIA it seemed, but I could not find him on review of the battle map)....and the HVT unit was no where to be found on the map in total (but one member of their unit was found and comfirmed KIA)......What I could find was a unit with members of both, labled HQ unit (but this combined unit had no "flag symbol" directly assoicated to this unit, which is usually typical for an HQ unit).