Scourge of War - Gettysburg

Gunfreak

Now I can't post a direct link to keep with in the rules of the forum,

But just google it bitches.

The game is the spiritual 3rd sequal in the Take Command series.

While the Take command series is dead, its sprit lives on in Scourge of War

Those that have played the Take command series will reconice the gameplay and look right away, but it's full of new stuff, in the old games you had 1:10 sprite soldier ratio, which mean alot of unit only had 10-50 soldiers in them, the game now uses 1:4 which means single regiments might have 400 sprites, brigades 1600, divisions 4000, corps 10 000 ect.

This means battles are huge. the ai has ofcouse gotten complete workover, and those that have played TC know the ai was allready better then most other games.

As the name says the game deals with Gettysburg, mabye not the most important battle, but deffantly the biggest, bloodiest and best known. the game is devied into senarios both single and mutliplayer, that deal with historic fights from the 3 days in july, and a sandbox thing that lets player choose OOBs and fight battles over battlefields choosen, this also has multiplayer.

Now the Muiliplayer has no player limit, other then the conections limit, so in theory you can have 20 players playing the same battle, each mabye controling a brigade or divsion ect.

You also don't need to play against eachother, you can play in the same army, so in esence a coop game.

Anyway those that know TC and loves it will already know thay should buy it, those that havn't tried take command, buy it, you can get it cheap on amazon.

Or wait until the end of the month, and download the SoW game/demo

You basicly download the whole game as a demo, then you buy an activation code to activate the whole game,

Take Command was a very good game, another game i ran into late.Good to see a more improved version coming out and I will be on time for this one.

Thanks for the heads up:)

I would like to to see an ancient or medieval version of this game.Total War is not bad, but i like the play of the battlefield in Take Command better.To play that game in a setting with ancient warfare i think would prove to be a great game.Especially with huge maps.