TOW 2 Kursk

kip

This is the game that I hoped the original Tow would have been. This is amazing. There have been many times now during the campaigns were I can feel emersed into the battle. Trying to figure out the next tactical move or bog down and use attrition followed up by chumming up the enemy with Mortar/arty/ or tank area fire. (also ground attack air craft). I can't believe how long the campaigns are. It doesn't end. I'm stuck on Novoselovka both Russian and German.

I've been surprised on some of the intense aerial combat going on. I think I saw some black flak explosions I didn't expect(Russian 38's?). Over all the campaigns seem to be well thought out. Its rarely a turkey shoot. The AI is a formidable opponent. The maps are huge. The detail, rifle grenades, incendiaries, the variety of AT grenades etc..

I can't imagine playing as a multiplayer unless its turned based. I think its a mirco-manage type game. I couldn't play it without pausing constantly.

Performance is a issue I see. The more I tinkered with my PC settings the better it got. By reducing other processes and tweaking my settings to increase performance over quality without changing the ingame quality settings I am able for the most part to run on normal game speed, but I often gear down to half speed when all hell is breaking lose.

Annoying Things!!!!:

Melee Loop

Gunners using the wrong ammo

I don't think the game is broken so much anymore. I think it's just a huge amount of pc power is needed to run all the detail.

I think unless you have a gaming type PC this game wont work for you.

ASUS P5E mobo 1600mhz FSB

2.4 ghz QUAD processor

2g Corsair DDR2 Ram

Nvidia 8800 GTX 512m

30 inch LCD

Lachesis mouse 4000 dpi

1000 Watt powersupply

XP pro