Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Very clever "flexible" design

dieseltaylor

I am impressed with this:

FlexibleLove model 8 can accommodate up to eight people. When folded it measures 25 x 21.8 x 5.1 inches and it stretches to 25 x 21.8 x 140.4 inches. It can support weight up to 2116.44 pounds (averaging out at about 264 pounds per person) and weighs 28.66 pounds.

The FlexibleLove model 16 will seat up to 16 people and when folded measures 25 x 21.8 x 8.8 inches. Weighing 55.12 pounds, it can be stretched to a length of 280.8 inches and will support body weight of up to 4232.87 pounds.

Currently available for sale in the U.K from FlexibleLove UK the model 8 is priced at GBP220 (approx. US$347 at time of publication) and the model 16 is priced at GBP390 (approx. US$615 at time of publication). Not a bad price for eco-friendly, strong pieces of furniture that offer adaptable, flexible seating.

I've seen that before but it's nice to hear that they've gotten it for sale. It's a neat idea but I still wonder what it'll look like after a few years in a household with children and pets... or how easy it is to clean after you spill red wine all over it. But I guess it's not even meant to be a couch replacement.

Just wait for the IKEA model that you'll have to assemble yourself...