unhandled exception error on scenario edit

I am working on a scenario and I keep receiving an "unhandled exception error" that stops me when I try to load the scenario.

It must be something in particular with the scenario because I can open all of the other scenarios that I started.

I have tried it on 2 of my computers and it doesn't work on either of them.

The culprit may be that I have 25 "reinforcement" groups for each of the axis and the allies... it used to open and save until I reached that threshold.

Has this happened to anyone else? It isn't a giant map but pretty big about 9000 points on each side. Also a decent amount of fire.

update - after reading some other tech support posts I went out and updated to the latest directx drivers and tested them in case it was a graphics error. No improvement.

Once again I think it might be something in the application in scenario mode because I can open all of my other scenarios with no problem. I usually have 10-15 reinforcements per side... don't know if there is some kind of trigger that you hit at 50. I was able to open / close it at 40 or so. May be something else...

[ July 15, 2006, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Carl Puppchen ]