Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mg in Defense ?

bowen42

Ill do my best at describing this since I dont do screenshots.Im in the set up phase of a defense in a city.I want my mg postioned in the 2nd flr to a far side looking up the street with a very long field of fire covering a large portion of the street.All is fine until you set a target arc which makes him face the front of the building totally ruining his long field of fire.I dont want the mg team in that position as he is now facing the building right in front of him with no field of fire.The mg team will stay where I want him if I dont set the target arc.Is there a way of keeping my mg team where I want him and have a traget arc?

Sadly not. A unit in a building will get over to the side/corner of the building in the direction of the center of the target arc. The best you can do is either no target arc, using the face command to get them to the right position, and let them aim down the street on their own when enemy appear.

If you still want an arc to limit the distance they will fire, then you can either give an arc that covers the direction you want and a lot more in other directions (blocked by buildings). You want to position the centre of the arc so that it positions your men correctly, not so that it points in the direction you want them to face:

arc.jpg

orange blocks are buildings, red arrow is the direction you want them to cover, but if you make them face that direction, they move so the other building is in the way. The arc shown should get them in the right corner of the building, and allow them to cover the area you want. You just have to hope that the other areas covered by the arc don't mess things up.

I think you can also position your men via the face command, and then give a circular target arc (that covers all directions) which allows you to limit the range they will fire, but without changing their position in the building.

Your men won't actually face in the right direction until someone comes down the street to be shot at though, so you will take a slight hit in spotting and reaction time before they open fire.