Japanese Sponsored Indian National Army Formed?

Bit odd.

I've just had this event reported in my game on the 16th April 1942, and didn't understand what it mean't so I looked it up in the manual.

Japan Expands The Indian National Army – A unit event. Following the capture of Burma, Malaya and Dimapur in India, Japan forms the 2nd Indian National Army.

What's weird is that Japan hasn't captured Dimapur, in fact it hasn't set foot in India yet. Unless, its done something really sneaky like drop parachutist in behind my lines.

Hmm! actually thinking about it I'd better check that.....nope, Dimapur still claims to be under British rule.

Any idea what's happened, I don't want an Indian National Army suddenly appearing behind my lines.

:o Oops! nevermind I've just realised I was reading the wrong event in the manual. Should have been this one....

Japanese Sponsored Indian National Army Formed – A unit event. Following the capture of Burma and Malaya, Japan forms the 1st Indian National Army.

Which is fair enough, Japan has captured Burma and Malaya. So, basically the Japanese have formed this unit and they will eventually form others if they manage to capture Dimapur.