Radar and Stragetic Bomber Balance

Soul

Radar

Although radar is useful in the game, I don’t think it is balanced for the end game. I understand you need units on patrol in order to see enemy units, and that was the intention of the game, however many mid and end game units move fast and you won’t have a chance to respond to any sightings.

With the development of UAVs in the game, I am suggesting the additional facility, (replaces radar) Surveillance Net be available mid to late game (after development of jets, but before UAVs. This Surveillance Net increases view radius by same amount as radar and has the same build time as radar.

Strategic Bomber

Looking at the balance for the strategic bomber, I am asking for a look possibly increasing the hit points to 2. I am suggesting this because of the long time it takes to build one, and it would better balance the use of the bomber for cities. I hate building all those bombers, and having them shot down all in 1 turn. I expect that of tactical bombers, but not of strategic bombers. Right now as it stands, taking all that time to build one of these is almost useless. I know this is not very realistic, but it may be necessary for balancing the game.

Playing with the game even further, it seems almost any unit a strat bomber runs into has the ability to shoot it down, for example I built 9 to bomb a city from another player, on the way 3 were shot down, 1 shot down before bomb, 4 bombed than shot down and 1 made it back safety. Pitiful for the amount of build time, I could of built 3 or 4 battleships with the COMBINED build time.

Tactical bombers are balanced fine, since they are used for attacking units outside of cities. But the strat bombers are "city bombers" and yes they should die but not so quickly. I don't want to make them too powerful but I beleive a HP buff is necessary for people to use them.

Perhaps increase the fighters combat value aganist bombers if they get 2HP because I think they really need this buff.

Does anyone else have observations about this issue?