Great moments in gaming...

c3k

Just wanted to share a good moment. You know, one of those emotional impact events which will stick with you a good while.

I'm playing a battle from CM:BF. My focus is on my two sniper teams. I'm trying to determine how and why the sniper changes weapon while engaging an enemy. I've got a separate thread on that.

So, during my initial WeGo playback, I zoom in behind my two man sniper team up on rooftop. They've got a waist-high wall around the roof. 250+ meters away, inside a building, is a Syrian sniper. The Syrian is firing on my two guys. The spotter is cowering while the incoming rounds snap past the British sniper. The British sniper (L85 in hand - DO NOT get me started!) keeps trying to acquire the Syrian. No luck. Finally, the spotter comes up to join him. The spotter takes a light hit; yellow base. The sniper drops down behind the wall into a fetal curl. He's had enough and his buddy just got wounded. Rounds continue to snap around them, about 1 per second or so.

Finally, the sniper finds his courage and decides to stand up. I'm zoomed in close.... The MOMENT the sniper clears the wall, one of the incoming rounds nails him! Ow. Red base. Yeah, I jumped back. And cursed. The incoming round had to've already been in the air BEFORE the sniper came up. Bad luck.

It was a cool moment. Here's a game which lets you play the role of battalion CO, down to team leader, and I got to experience something which usually only occurs in first-person-shooters.

Cool.

Ken