Loadouts

Not sure why, but Brit vehicles seems a bit lacking in their ammo loadouts - less than 50 per cent, which gives very limited fire support for Scimitars, Warriors and the like. Problem is that there is no way, it appears, to up it - this is what they have on a Full setting.

Bug? Have I missed some essential game control - or some new British Army doctrine? In my experience, you shoehorn every last piece of ammo you can beg, borrow or steal into a Warrior, since a huge amount is expended in a firefight.

Apparantly the research BFC did suggested that 40 or 50 HE rounds and 150-200 AP rounds is about what gets carried in a Warrior, so it appears to be accurate with regards to doctrine.

I was worried for a while that the WMIKs and Jackals didn't carry enough ammo - the 7.62 count was only 200! Then I discovered that somebody had been very clever and let the vehicles draw ammo from the boxes stored onboard - the same ones that can be acquired by troops. A nice feature, that.

1) The total amount of ammunition carried by any vehicle in the British force is limited to it's official stowage. The same approach was taken in CMX1, where additional ammo was not counted (ISTR a story about StuGs going into combat with two layers of shells on the floor in addition to what was in the racks. CMX1 just modelled the racks)

2) I disagree with the ammo split. I think that it's backwards but I can't prove it.