Stop Moving!

Ariete-The Ram

Reminds me why I have had difficulty with North Africa scenarios (all the way back to AH Tobruk). North Africa? Rommel maneuvering to great results?

But...at this level of combat, if someone can "tag" you at 1500 meters, moving 100 meters over a minute is likely not significant.

What is significant is finding a good firing position, and sitting in it. Even on the attack.

Very tough. I want to close on the enemy....wrong maneuver....control by fire...I know that.

Anyone else struggle with this, compared to the close vision lines of European conflict?

Thank you, dieseltaylor.

Such an old scenario...."spoiler" seems unnecessary.

The briefing says the stronger player should be Italian. Maybe....in face to face play, where both sides know the forces.

Maybe.

But against the AI, playing the Italians is a slaughter (the power of anti-tank rifles! Put the trenches back behind the sand! Except one for the indirect! With "Rommel", almost nothing reached my front line.)

Playing the British against the AI?

Bravo. Incredible is the depth of WW2 tactics.

Draw x 2.

Actually, I played the British first. Blind. If there are heros of CMAK, who always win against the AI, who can tell me how, blind (playing it the first time, without any knowledge of the forces or set-up), EFOW, they devised a winning plan the first time as Brits, school me. I want to learn

Oh, and what do you think of those reinforcement locations for the Allied?

I will give great credit to the scenario designer, however. When I first saw the Valentine I AFV, I was like...meh...a blast of 1 is not my idea of an infantry support tank. But, I forgot the machine guns. And the armor, for early war.

And it turns out that traveling 15 mph still gets your somewhere over time.

And, despite the title of this post, turns out that maneuver in the desert can be useful, early war, with thick armor.

Turns out to be an excellent teaching scenario, as Allied.

Yes, I hesitated to be critical an mentioning that issue with reinforcements. And the "hide the soft AFV units" necessity...no way to know that ahead of time, and having a plane knock out 6 of them crowded behind some cover....

But, still, interesting seeing how the Valentine tank introduction feels like the introduction of a much more familiar unit to me, the T-34, felt in Europe. Interesting how Oct/Nov 41 feels like such a turning point in the war....the Allied free-fall is slowing....and then, not contradictory to that, Pearl Harbor.