Crashing on loading screen with British Module

Hi -

First time having any real problems with the game. bought and installed the british module today (have had base + marines for a while) and cannot get past the loading screen (get to around 90%) without a crash to desktop-

"CM Shock Force.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

The 'error signature' is

AppName: cm shock force.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: cm shock force.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00240ec9

Don't know if that info helps any.

First time I've run into a real hard crash like this with shock force; was just playing the day before yesterday without any problems.

Thought it might have been the modified hotkey file, so I put the original back in but no luck.

I've got winxp sp2, core2duo e8400, 4gigs of ram, gtx 285 with the 182.50 drivers.

Is there a way to uninstall then reinstall the british module without doing the whole game? Maybe I could give that a try.

Thanks -

It was the hotkeys file!

Feel a little silly, I could swear I had put the original hotkeys file back in the folder (I had even renamed it "original_hotkeys" when the modified one went in, and then when I installed the British module I renamed back to "hotkeys" and got rid of the other one)

Anyhow, just now decided to delete the hotkeys file altogether, and the game started up just fine!

I have the same problem. I installed the brits yesterday and the game played just fine but today when i changed my hotkeys file to the one posted by Other Means in the main CMSF forum the game crashes when I hit 92 or 93% of the loading bar.

"CM Shock Force.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I changed back to my old original hotkeys but still have the same problem. If I remove the file completely the game plays but I would like to have my hotkeys.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: I fixed the problem myself after looking around on the forum. My backup hotkeys file was pre 1.20 and was missing the new "target smoke" command. No wonder it dident work. Stupid of me... now Im glad to be back playing the brits. Its great!