Katukov Strikes Back

OK, for all you "Retaking Viipuri" fans. One would think, looking at the briefing, that the easy side of this would be the Russians. So I took the Germans, and it was an easy victory. Then I tried the Russians.....hmmmm.....even knowing where the enemy units were, my head was handed to me multiple times. Suddenly T-34s seem like Emmantaler (sp?) cheese.

Another puzzle?

I am now going to level 1 views, noticing the valleys in the hillside.

The solution? (I wonder if these scenarios were tweeked from their early incarnations.)

OK..time is up.

The strategy is to ignore the flags...except for the center one...and just kill units....unless one get a lucky 88 hit...even then, there are just too many guns...

I could do a draw as Russian. Could see how, if very cautious, I could do 65/35, mostly on kills not flags. Would be interested if anyone could do better, absent blind luck..........