I can't read the text itss too white.

kaan

I have the demo version right now before I buy full thang which seems like its gonna rock I want to fix the problem of not being able read any text on the game screens. I have a duron 800 with 128 megs of ram 64 meg vodoo 5 vdeo card. I already tried to dl the latest win me drivers from the 3dfx sight but it says my winzip head is corrupted someone please help me smile.gif

Kaan

Sounds like we got about same setup..p3700 voodoo5500 with good drivers...Yes also with same text whiteout.But the game still rocks and I ordered it tonight. Figured the new version should fix it..Demo is a bit dated..

But if somebody thats been into this game awhile has seen this problem before, your 2cent would be appreciated...

Try this,

Go out to your 3dfx tools and click on the "3dfx Anti-Aliasing" tab. Change your Anti-Aliasing to any thing other than the default of "Fastest Performance". I have a AMD T-bird 800 and the "4 Sample Anti-Aliasing" option works great. That should solve the text white out problem.

If you ESC to your desktop and return to the game, your text will be garbled unless you choose "Single Chip Only". With this setting you lose you Anti-Aliasing ability so I only use this if I know I have to ESC out a lot.

Couple of other settings you can play with are in under the "3dfx Advanced Features" tab. Check the "AGP Command FIFO", it defaults to AGP 1X. You can up it to 2X if your mother board supports it. Also playing with the "Level of Detail Bias" can make a big difference to the picture, mine's set to -0.75. As always your mileage may vary.

A search of both this and the main Combat Mission forum will show a bunch of discussions on Voodoo 5 and may provide other useful info that was in brain cells I've long since killed.

Good luck,

Carl