I am disappointed to see, in WAW, that units do not retreat especially in hopeless situations. Historically, that is not the norm in reality or historically.

Since I'm a new poster here, maybe this issue has already been addressed.

If not it does deserve attention since it will create great replay value to this potentially great game. It is the Retreat in Combat that holds SC2 back from being a great game.

Game wise, in time the player community will eventually know the combinations needed to Win, win and win since there is no variable Retreat in Combat.

Thank you.

nomorebullshyt aka Bear on the Blitz

It is a bit odd at first to not have retreats, but I consider this a minor point and very far from being the most important factor that could be worked on for future improvements.

Adding retreat would be a lot of programming work and potentially cause a lot of problems. It's better if the defender who loses has to make the decision themselves whether a retreat is desirable or not. If you want a more "tactical" game, then redesign a scenario with 3 day turns and let each player make their own decisions about retreat.