CMBO SE Installation Problem

I'm having installing the updated graphics/mods with the new CMBO SE. The game and everything works and runs well, the new scenarios are there and in place, but the updated graphics aren't showing. I browsed through my computer, the cd drive, clicked explore and the only visible option I see on the cd is the install icon.

Not only that, but I compared cd megabyte sizes from the original Combat Mission cd and the new one... the original Combat Mission cd is 644 mb's, while the CMBO SE cd weighs in at 296 mb's... is there something wrong here?

Thanks

When you install CMBO-SE the terrain and sound mods are installed automactically. The other mods have to be installed manually so you can pick the ones you like. If you look in your CMBO folder( after installation) you will find the file "mods" and can look threw them and read the "docs" about them.

Panzertruppe is right, the additional (optional) mods are located on the CD and need to be simply copied over as you like. The smaller size of the game as such is probably partly due to a much improved compression method which we are now using (and had to use in order to fit all of CMBB on one CD), and partly due to the fact that the original release was hybrid PC/Mac.

Martin

When you install from the CD, a new folder called MODS is also created in your CMBO game directory. In there you will find all the additional graphics mods broken down by author as well as information on each mod. The mods located there must be manually installed in order to view them in game.

Each mod is packed as a .zip file and should include installation instructions and info on the mod as well.

You can view previews of many of the mods and read more info about all that's new in CMBO:SE by opening the "Click Me First.html" document that is located at the root of the CMBO folder, once the game is installed. I believe a desktop icon is also created for that same document.

Once the game is installed to your computer the whole CMBO directory should be about 517 megs.

The Hi-Res terrain graphics, sound effects and new scenarios come pre-installed for you.

Madmatt

[ June 30, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]