Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Assault command and RED C2

Pandur

ok i start with the short one;

the Assault command;

in the days inf pathing wasnt that fine it is now and there where no highlighted action spots as they are now, the assault command served a single purpouse. that was to get the squad onto a single action spot, a action spot you "know" it would occupy.

but now, with more information where the soldiers will end up, i dont see the reason why the "single" action spot behaviour of the assault command is still active!?(if there is one please tell me!)

it actually gets a hinderance. since the highlighted actionspot feature is implemented i rarely use assault anymore.

bunching up the guys is just too risky.

now, is it possible to change that, so a squad wont occupie a single action spot anymore with assault command but make it work as the other commads where they spread out.

RED C2;

i talk about a verry specific thing here, not C2 overall.

i cant remember where steve posted this, but the baseline was like this.

they where not sure if they should do "3 squad" platoons with the platoon leader integrated into one or do the "3 squads" + "1 leader team".

they opted for the first solution, wich created a big problem with C2 on red side in my point of view.

i talk about the single platoons and their C2 link to their company HQ.

as it is now, if you "want" your platoons to be linked with company HQ you "must not" unload the platoon HQ from the vehicle.

that way the 2 squads are in command with their leader and Co HQ. however, the downside is that you have a lot of guys sitting in the BTR/BMP with the leader, wich should be outside and fight.

means you lose nearly a full squad!!! becouse you need this "one guy" at the radio in the vehicle.

sorry to say this, but that is idiotic.

i suggest that it gets slightly changed to what it is now with Airborne forces(no i dont want to split squads by myself, i know we dont get that on red side).

it would look like that;

-1st squad(like in airborne formation)

A team holds the leader and 3 other guys, B team holds the RPG and the other 3 guys.

the B team is the portion of the men wich would sit in the vehicle listening while the platoon leader is talking on the radio, doing nothing at that time but wasteing man- and firepower.

-2nd squad unchaged

-3rd squad unchaged

so the only thing wich would needed to be changed is the 1st squad, it should come split already without the option to rejoin it or split it by yourself.

the other two squads would be unchaged and still unsplitable.

that would do away with the mess it is now and would be a good compromise i feel erveryone could live with.

thanks,