Acquiring grenades...

Yeah, I've wondered about it as well...I can only guess as to the RL (ideal) loadout of any infantry carrying vehicle, but I'm pretty sure in most cases there's probably a box of 'nades in there somewhere.

Another thing that I have wondered about is that vehicle crews, which have abysmally low amounts of 5.56 with them when they exit their tin can for whatever reason, are not allowed to supply themselves from the ample stores. Now I can understand they wouldn't have a mind for that if they are bailing out after a hit, but if I want to dismount them for recon or whatever, they should at least be able to grab a few mags, maybe even an AT-4 or a LAW, shouldn't they?

It seems they can use any weapon they acquire via buddy aid, and they can acquire anything they want if they embark a vehicle that already HAS a crew. Just can't use the stuff under their own seats, it seems....

Roger,

I like to bulk up on the way out of my vehicles in case they turn into the next bonfire. I was looking at the grenades and was like hmmn....5.56 check...7.2 check...40 mike mike...check.... laws... check.... hey throw some grenades in there for good measure.

Wow...already carrying enough firepower so no love-loss....

Last night was assaulting a burning tank to take out the crew. My men must have lobbed literally 20+ grenades onto the wreckage. I was like that his surely overkill but to my amazement the crew survived trapped under the buring hull. he was finally killed by a gunner.

But I was thinking, now that was an expensive way to take out a pistol carrying troop. I than scanned the map on "Hills and Highways" and saw all of the buildings. I was thinking that I would have liked to spend those grenades somewhere else.

Thanks for the feedback...

Just did my own check (so practical to be unemployed :D) and nope, not during setup and not during mission time can a crew acquire from its own vehicle. At least not in my game...running Marines 1.11.

The 'Acquire' button is greyed out for each crew manning a vehicle.

EDIT: Sorry, incomplete information - HumVee crews CAN in fact acqiure from their own vehicle, but not LAV or AAV crews, nor Stryker crews. Didn't try trucks.

Hope you will confirm this for me, Falconander.