Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mod Install Help

Ryanwtod

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I love CMSF and the Marine Module. I've downloaded many scenerios. However I was wondering where I would put mods when I download them. There are a few I wanted to try. Also if I have mods for weapons, uniform, and vehicle skins and the such do they only work if the scenerio being played uses those mods or will they effect all weapons uniforms etc? I hope I explained this alright, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1) The recommended method is to go to your Data folder, create a subfolder called Z and place your mods there. If the mod consists of BMP's, it's simplest to have them in a subfolder to Z so you can easily figure which files belong to which mod installation.

There's a mod manager available, too, to help switching back and forth between overlapping uniform mods etc.

2) They show always as long as the scenario somehow utilizes the graphics that the mod replaces. The scenario designer doesn't have to specifically use some mod, you can use them with any scenarios including those coming with the game.

You'll find that all of these user made mods will really improve your gaming experience quite a bit, so I'm glad your checking them out.

Using mods was confusing to me too. That's one reason I created the mod manager. The problem is that you can't just dump all of your mods in the z folder. Instead, you have to pick and choose what you want to use. For example, you want to play a gulf war battle, so you need your gulf war era uniforms. You would have to dig down to your z folder and take out uniform mods and put in the new ones.

With the mod manager, it's much easier. You can attach whatever mod you want to whatever scenario or campaign. Beware though, you must completely close cmsf when switching mods.

Check out scipios stuff. Normal Dude also seems to be the king of uniforms. There's a lot of great stuff out there, and with the mod manager it'll be easy enough to experiment and find the combinations that suit you.

P.S. Sorry for the self-promoting commercial, but it really does help. You can PM me if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.