New Vista rig problems.

A very recently brought a new computer and I just got around to installing Shock Force on it.

A quick rundown of my rig before we go to my problems:

Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition

Asus P6T motherboard

Core I7 920 2.66 GHZ quad core processor (overclocked to about 3.3 GHZ)

4 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM

GTX 260 (216 steam processors, factory overclocked)

10,000 RPM 300 GB capacity

Anyway the performance of Shock Force on higher settings is somewhat disappointing but the game has always been a resource hog. Regardless it is still an improvement over my last PC.

Yet am getting a few bugs. First all shell casings are a pure white instead of the brass color they should be. Also I am not hearing nearly as many channels of sound as I should. I am playing using Tritton AX360 headphones which are rather expensive "surround sound" headphones. Yet sounds are always being cut out when many things are going on.

Now on my old PC I had no sound problems using a speaker-bar which attached to my monitor. When I used a low cost set of Logitech headphones I had the same problem with far too few channels but I figured this was the headphones and not the game itself. Both computers use the motherboard's onboard sound.

Anyway I am looking for solutions to both of these problems, as well as if their any ways to improve the performance for my setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good news:

The new 1.11 patch seems to have fixed my sound problems. I don't know what was the original problem, but oh well.

The patch also increased performance nicely, although I still think you should be able to adjust more of the options in the game.

Bad news:

White shell casing bug is still around, not a big deal but I get a bit obsessive sometimes. I have the latest drivers but I doubt Nvidia's next version will fix it however.