Various bugs I've noticed

Guest Imperator

Guest Imperator

(Yes, I'm using 1.01.) I've seen these multiple times, though I can't reliably reproduce all of them on demand:

Units can be ordered off the map. (I haven't tried, but I don't think they'll actually go.)

Units sometimes start in terrain that is impassable to them (e.g. tanks in woods, flamethrowers in the Rhine, etc.). Usually this isn't a problem because you can move them in setup, but it is a problem when they're locked so that you can't move them during setup. (This sometimes happens with a handicap.)

Vehicles often are randomly placed (due to a handicap) in the thin strips of open ground inside woods. They often can't get out, and are for all intents and purposes in impassable terrain.

Units don't always figure out the pathfinding around impassable terrain (e.g. Arnhem is a mess of pathfinding problems unless you specify a waypoint slightly beyond where each end of the bridge meets the hill). Even though a human can work around this, the TacAI can't.

A mixed column of vehicles will move in a comical fashion, constantly crashing into each other. If there isn't a way to implement slowest-speed formation movement, how about putting average hunt/move/fast speeds in the info box, instead of just maximum speed?

While on the subject of non-bug wishlist items, how about browsing those info boxes at leisure? The unit purchasing interface would work for this; the space used for a list of currently purchased units would be available. Even cooler would be a rendered model of the unit. Cooler yet would be the ability to change the camera angle. (But I'd be happy with the raw statisitics anyway.)

Back to bugs: units that run out of ammo (esp. zooks etc.) sometimes still appear to be reloading.

Sound contacts sometimes appear in impassable terrain. Even green American troops wouldn't report a Tiger (by which they mean Kubelwagen smile.gif) in the middle of a river.

Still getting problems with rapid target alternation. One moment the turret is turning towards the Tiger, the next towards the Kubelwagen, as so on until the Sherman brews up.

The AI mounts serious assaults with crews. Maybe that's intentional, but it should know better. (I've seen this twice, under different, but non-exceptional, circumstances.)

In the setup phase of battles in an operation other than the first one, I've seen zones appear without any units. (For example, one entire side of the river is a red zone. My troops on the other side are in a white zone. There's a tiny patch of red beside the white, with no one in it.)

That's all I can remember right now.

Guest Imperator

OK, now I realize that ordering units off the map is important if you have an exit zone. But unless you're ordering them past an exit point, the movement line should turn the same color as it does for impassable terrain.