Mod's on Mac

GJK

Ok, after playing CM on my PC for a while now and having my favorite mod's working perfectly, I decided to install the game on my Mac laptop (older, original G3). The game works just fine, except the mod's.

I've used both of the Mac mod managers. They appear to work, depending on the mod manager itself, I either select a folder that has the decompressed .bmp's in it, or I drag/drop the files into the program. I see the old pic from the appropriate resource and I see the one that is to replace it. I replace them all. Looking in the CM data folder, I see backups of all the originals (with the original datestamp) and new files with today as the datestamp. However, when I play the game, no new graphics show.

Mod's that I've tried to use are the ASL interface conversion and the Magua Normandy Mod.

Did I miss a step? Does my old Mac laptop refuse to show the hi-res graphics? If so, how is it showing anything since the original is now a backup? Is it pulling the graphics from the CD? I did do a full install.

Confused....but glad the game at least runs on the tired old Mac smile.gif

GJK

Nevermind! I applied the v1.12 patch and it seemed to clear it up. Also related, but it appears that it was taking the images off of the cd instead of the harddrive. I added several scenarios that weren't being seen either, and I had a scenarios folder on the desktop and that was the only folder that the game would use until I installed the patch. Mod's are working great, and even the hi-res show as well as could be expected for an older Mac.

GJK