Comcast - spawn of Satan - now to suffer

The good news - white space between radio and TV station broadcasts is to be opened up for internet use. I was amazed at this

It was a view backed by the national nonpartisan media reform group Free Press, which noted that nearly half of all American homes were still not connected to broadband.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7709775.stm

Yet again a game with a Comcast subscriber comes to an abrupt halt as Comcast screw things up. Previously I have games screwed because Comcast decides m network has been used by spammers and bars me. Let me see 4th largest ISP in UK several million customers - spam!

The new insult is having a file returned telling me my opponents address is terminally dead - followed a day or two later by him e-mailing me re-sending a turn. Not that I had not already re-sent the message using another ISP which elicited no message at all from Comcast leading me to believe it may have got through!!

Open the attachment and extract the files into PBEM directory.

CMAK/SBRecce###.txt (029: ---------)

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

My very recent e-mail now gets this

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

dv*****@comcast.net

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

host mx1.comcast.net [76.96.62.116]: 554 IMTA03.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 212.159.14.146 Comcast BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://help.comcast.net/content/faq/BL004

At least they have improved their interface for advising what to do. SO it appears they are blocking a major ISP because the previous 29 messages that got through have finally upset their spam blocker.