Pixellated Graphics Problem with ATI Card

This is what the game looks like for me when I try to load up a mission - the sky and ground is covered in purple pixellated graphics. I'm running an ATI HD 4870 at 1920x1200. I've tried different graphics card and in-game settings, but so far nothing has worked. How do I fix this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/CMSF.jpg

Not sure.

When my ATI card started dying on me, the corruption of the graphics weren't so well organized. That is, in your image, there seems to be a pattern to the issues that you're seeing, whereas with my situation, the graphics just started stretching like melting taffy on some portions of the screen and not others, and I started to see right at its end DOS-type coding written in extremely large and randomly colored font.

My fingers are crossed that my suspicions are right, and I hope that somebody here can help you more clinically than I, as I'm a graphics card mortician.

What I've found is this:

-With in-game AA settings set to "on" and ATI's control panel AA settings set to override the game's settings, I get the awful graphics shown above.

-With the in-game AA settings set to "on" and ATI's control panel AA settings set to use the in-game settings, only the map labels and the "move/assault/etc. panel at the bottom have the "purple graphics" problem.

-With the in-game AA settings set to "off" and ATI's control panel AA settings set to "use in-game settings" I don't have any corrupted graphics, but of course the game looks ugly (but playable) with all those jagged edges.

I should add the video card is very new, not overclocked, and running on the latest Catalyst drivers. No problems like this show up in any of my other games.

• 4 weeks later...