E-licence and general grief

I just thought about this game the other day, so I reinstalled it after ages on the shelf. Not a very easy thing, it seems.

I got numerous Windows error noises when I hit the shortcut on the desktop, and after 4-5 more noises I get a message that "I have wrong game version". Okay? So I install the uberpatch.

The e-licence thingy doesnt pop up, so I follow the steps in the faq:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=30

The problem is that when I click "start" it just goes half way, and then gives me a message that it has been aborted because it didnt respond in a timely fashion. (Error 1053)

Any clues? It really shouldnt be this hard to play a game.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, got past that by adding the exceptions to the DEP settings. But now I got the runtime trap (ATI HD4870). Saw the post about that here, so more fiddling tomorrow.

I initially had problems activating the game too. I had to shut down my Firewall during activation session - I got some similar error messages as you describe.

Maybe this helps?

I initially had problems activating the game too. I had to shut down my Firewall during activation session - I got some similar error messages as you describe.

Maybe this helps?

I had firewall problems too with license. Eventually got lucky. Other games seem to be able to control pirate-ing without making it a chore to install.