No sound of engine/weapons/etc - only background battle sounds

rammer4250

I have a problem with the ingame sounds after loading the Marines Module. Everything plays OK such as music and background generic battle sounds but there is no sound from the engines or weapons or squad commands, etc. Anybody else experiencing this?

I thought maybe some mods screwed this up so I reinstalled shock force and then the Marine Module and still the same.

Ron

If you're using a surround sound system, make sure you don't have "Convert Stereo into Surround" turned on (could be a setting in Windows or button on the remote control, depends on your audio system).

Since CMSF uses a surround sound engine, all the dynamic sounds are played on the four surround channels, and only the 'generic' ones like music and background battle sounds are played on the central mono-channel. Where as what happens when you turn on the "fake surround" is the audio system takes that one mono channel and splits it among the other 4 channels, effectively muting any inputs from those 4 channels.

Also check your audio settings in Windows, make sure the drivers and speaker settings match what you actually have hooked up - again it seems like your speakers are only playing the central channel.