UAZ Dismount bug + QB selections

Sivodsi

Hi there,

Had a quick look at some scenarios before firing up a QB in single player WEGO(didn't want to wait to try out a T90). Took heavy combined forces RG vs Heavy Combined at the 'excellent' setting and ended up with what I wanted: T90s vs Abrams. The RG 'combined' seemed a bit odd though: I ended up with 3 FOs with UAZs but with no artillery capability. Perfect for spotting, which is essentially what I wanted. Is it possible to get artillery in an ME? Not sure, but perhaps that is the reason.

Good job with QB selections. Not perfect (I still want more control over selection) but an improvement, so far!

Anyhow, there are definitely issues with dismounting from the UAZ: I had difficulty selecting the FOs once they were in their jeeps, and when I choose 'dismount' I found that their movement was restricted in the same way as if they were still in the jeep! Fortunately this only lasts for one move, after that they give up the idea that they have four wheels and act as Real men again. I didn't see if they move as fast as a jeep, will have to try it again and keep an eye on them.

Also, it seems that you can only press dismount once per turn. Very bad for indecisive commanders like me who tend to change their mind several times a turn while planning. This should be easily replicable, but I can throw over a save game if nec.

Cheers

Okay, once dismounted from the UAZ, the soldiers have the characteristics of soldiers and not vehicles. They get tired if you have them on 'Fast' and move at human speed. This is despite the movement command in the orders phase being restricted as per vehicles (for ex not being able to enter buildings).