Help installing new battles and campaigns

tooz

Hey Guys, now that I am back into ToW full tilt I need help installing the numerous mods, battles and campaigns available over at CMMODS. I do have SOME experience modding CM but the ToW folder is a bit more busy than that.

So, can any of you forum crawlers give me a step by step instructions for mods (skins), battles and campaigns? I will appreciate any help that's given.

If there is a mod converter that's makes this easier (example : JSME installer) please inform me of this. That will speed up the learning process.

Hey Guys, now that I am back into ToW full tilt I need help installing the numerous mods, battles and campaigns available over at CMMODS. I do have SOME experience modding CM but the ToW folder is a bit more busy than that.

So, can any of you forum crawlers give me a step by step instructions for mods (skins), battles and campaigns? I will appreciate any help that's given.

If there is a mod converter that's makes this easier (example : JSME installer) please inform me of this. That will speed up the learning process.

Hi tooz,

I am not an expert of ToW but I give you a couple of simple advices.

Usually you should find the installation instructions in the zip file of the battle/campaign/mod, but normally what you have to do is:

battles= simple copy the battle files - I mean the entire battle folder - in your ToW installation directory under "Missions\SINGLE_MISSIONS" (e.g.: C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War\Missions\SINGLE_MISSIONS), and that's it.

After doing that you can start ToW again and you will find the fresh installed battle listed under "Single User/Battles".

campaigns= the same as above but the final directory is only "Missions".

maps= again with ending directory "maps" instead.

For the modded items you have to read carefully the installation instruction, but is more or less the same simple copy job as before.

pdp_ita

pdp ita--Thanks. my first try failed, my WinRAR extractor is telling me that the mission "TOW - Scenario - Kursk Attack on Bobrik Designed for TOW Ver. 1.10.0.81" file is corrupt. Hmmm, I get a CTD when trying to run it. Does this have anything to do with the JSH mod I wonder? I am trying another battle and see if my problems persist.

Well, I am now going to give it another go after the uninstall/reinstall. I am also having problems using WINRAR with my new pc. It won't let me extract these files from the wizard (access denied messqage despite my being the administrator). So I have to play around and move around these files until they do extract SOMEWHERE, then I copy and paste.

Yep, I must be screwing up somewhere. Oh well, live and learn. I almost expected this when i started my mod effort. Price you pay I guess.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated!