Dunkirk mission

mhc1

I'm having a heck of a time with the Dunkirk mission as most of my tanks can not pentrate the French H35's etc.. I get slaughtered. I can easily capture the French 75mm guns but I get killed within 2 shots. Any help or tatcics I can use? My best tanks seem to be Czech 38's. which barely make armour penetration on the French. I can barely knock out a WW1 FT17 for christs sake.

• 10 months later...

as i understand it, it was german organisation and ability to bypass frontlines and get into rear areas of enemies disrupting supply and command that won battles/wars strategically. i mean, for crying out loud, the germans were still using PzI and IIs at start of barbarossa!

also, air superiority was a very effective tool for dealing with better armoured french tanks [tho the luftwaffe took enormous losses over france and belgium].

i would suggest blowing tracks off then turret shots. even an AT rifle can damage the optics of lot of tanks. if the devs have made this game realistic then they should take account of the fact that french tanks often had commanders that were gunners and loaders too. so, their reaction time to changing circumstances was slow.

i dunno. i'm dying to try this mission out. been playing the moscow missions so far. sounds like a challenge.

I'm having a heck of a time with the Dunkirk mission as most of my tanks can not pentrate the French H35's etc.. I get slaughtered. I can easily capture the French 75mm guns but I get killed within 2 shots. Any help or tatcics I can use? My best tanks seem to be Czech 38's. which barely make armour penetration on the French. I can barely knock out a WW1 FT17 for christs sake.

do german infantry have any AT rifles or AT grenades? seemed to me they had ghastly equipment at that time and far too little of the good stuff [PzIII and PzIVs]. i'm talking about land forces of course.