Recommendations?

Are you looking for H2H or against the AI?

I have a few large scenarios and ops:

Recently released:

Kalvin Square, Pest -- link to forum thread with some screen shots, etc. Best played as H2H or Axis vs. AI.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=3793

For against the AI --

"Heights -- to the top!" will challenge you. Play smart... the enemy sees you.

http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/scenario_blog.html?scensku=609

Ops --

Margit Island -- Again in Budapest. 10 battles, an infantry slog in historical scale.

Combined Arms, South to Kiev. -- a combined arms fight, early war CMBB (over 100 russian tanks vs far fewer Germans.) 5 battles (IIRC).

You can find these at TSD under my name.

BCM-Epsom.

I second this suggestion. The map is without doubt one of the best depiction of the British zone in Normandy, specifically in the area this Op covers.

Make no mistake, it is a beast of an Op. By the time both sides receive the bulk of their scheduled reinforcements the game may be too big for even a Cray-II.

Another worth considering would be Little Stalingrad by Michael Dorosh.

I second this suggestion. The map is without doubt one of the best depiction of the British zone in Normandy, specifically in the area this Op covers.

Make no mistake, it is a beast of an Op. By the time both sides receive the bulk of their scheduled reinforcements the game may be too big for even a Cray-II.

Another worth considering would be Little Stalingrad by Michael Dorosh.

Hey King,

what's Cray-II and is Little Stalingrad the Ortona op?

CrayII = super computer

For what it's worth very large games do not necessarily mean more fun for the player. The ones I mentioned are playable fun games that I can vouch for with attacker and defender decisions to be made.

IF you are looking to play long games I try to play using PBEMHelper in trusted mode so each e-mail has two moves and two movies. This gives a huge return in speed and a 60 turn game can be played within a month with no sweat.

I have had 2.5mb files to pass back and forth but then the games I mention probably have no more than 100ish units on board. I do not know if much larger than that may bust the Helper in trusted mode. Helper used normally is very neat and recommendable. Particularly if you need to refresh your memory as it has a nice movie mode.