Anything more on a PPC-friendly version of CM?

Still to early to know.

BFC has specifically stated that they are not going to start working on a Mac OSX port until after CM:SF Marines is finished. So I wouldn't expect more details on *any* Mac version until CM:SF is actually being sold. They have, however, confirmed that a Mac version is still on the plan. So apparently, it's still a question of when, not if.

As regards to PPC specifically, though, they have said that, while they are going to try to avoid doing anything that will specifically prevent CM:SF from running on a PPC Mac, they're also not going to put a heck of a lot of effort into making sure that it does. Given that the number of PPC-Macs out there is diminishing every day (and probably only the higher-end, last generation PPCs have the oomph to run it anyway).

I don't want to rain on any PPC owners' parades, but I wouldn't hold your breath for PPC compatibility. The last new PPC-chip Mac was sold, what, going on three years ago now? I certainly won't mind being wrong on this, but I'm guessing some hardware-software interface issue is going to make such backwards compatibility very difficult without substantial additional code work.

Cheers,

YD

[Edit: On further checking, apparently my memory isn't as good as I thought, and some PPC models were still on the shelves into 2006. . . doubt this changes BFC's calculus much, if at all. But there ya go.