x1200 video card

ghcoe

It really depends on your desired video settings (resolution, detail level, etc.), and on the budget, of course. However, I wouldn't recommend getting an integrated video card, and certainly not the X1200, which is a very (very) low-end chipset.

Considering how cheap last generation cards have become, I'd recommend getting a GeForce 8800GTS or, if that's above your budget, a 8600GTS. Alternatively, if you prefer ATI, I'd look at a Radeon 4850 or 3850.

It really depends on your desired video settings (resolution, detail level, etc.), and on the budget, of course. However, I wouldn't recommend getting an integrated video card, and certainly not the X1200, which is a very (very) low-end chipset.

Considering how cheap last generation cards have become, I'd recommend getting a GeForce 8800GTS or, if that's above your budget, a 8600GTS. Alternatively, if you prefer ATI, I'd look at a Radeon 4850 or 3850.

Thanks for the info. I am right now just able to upgrade to a newer machine. This old machine is maxed out on the video card PCI ATI 9050 series and has no Express slot at all. Barely able to afford a unit now and I have a choice of the intergraded ATI x1200 or Geforce 6100. I will have to wait to upgrade the video later. Just was wondering if it would run ToW until then. Thanks ghcoe.

Thanks for the info. I am right now just able to upgrade to a newer machine. This old machine is maxed out on the video card PCI ATI 9050 series and has no Express slot at all. Barely able to afford a unit now and I have a choice of the intergraded ATI x1200 or Geforce 6100. I will have to wait to upgrade the video later. Just was wondering if it would run ToW until then. Thanks ghcoe.

I think you'll be fine as long as you reduce graphics card settings (no AA/AF) and in-game settings until you can get a dedicated VGA.