Red on Red mission - Buying the farm

dawnfarm.jpg

I have just uploaded this mission from my campaign as a stand-alone mission for download at CMMODS. Not everyone has the time or the inclination to play a whole campaign so I'm going to upload special versions of some of my favourite missions from the Hasrabit campaign. This one is my favourite and you'll probably recognise the map from screenshots I've posted elsewhere as I think the map is quite photogenic. But it's not just pretty, it's a REAL tough fight too!

The first mission sees two Special Forces companies contesting control of a farm complex with a Rebel mechanised infantry company. There is some armour support for Blue but it's mainly an infantry bash. It is two hours long with a bit of extra time but don't count on much. There's only one AI attack plan but I don't anticipate many people playing this over and over again. Besides, the AI attack is good enough to play against several times without getting boring.

It is for Blue vs AI only.

Next up will be Hill 142.

Ahh, this is the most difficult mission I've ever encountered in CMSF. I had three go's at it while playing Hasrabit, and the best I've ever achieved was a draw. Also I think I've learned more about infantry tactics from this scenario than I have from any other. Anyway, fantastic scenario! (Hasrabit is great too, btw, I'm on Saudara pt2 now. Part 1 with the enemy assault at the end was incredible.)

"Well, good on you. This is a great idea that I wish the other campaign designers would do also."

Fortunately, this particular mission required very little work to adapt it for single play. I will definitely adapt some other missions from the campaign as stand alone missions but they will need to be reworked quite a bit as the 'core' forces in them have already seen action in the campaign and so they'll be a bit unbalanced in favour of the human player.

I could do 'Strong Stand' just as easily but somehow I don't think it would be a popular choice... :D

slug88

thanks a lot for that as well. Glad you enjoyed Part 1. I hope to do Saudara parts 1 and 2 as stand alone missions later as well but, as you can appreciate, they will need a lot of work to make them playable. Good luck with Part 2 and the finale in Hasrabit town itself. I look forward to hearing how you did in it.