Having a small problem...

Bubi

This is happening to me on both CMBO-Full, and CMBB-Demo. Game plays fine for about 3 minutes,

then a high pitched noise comes over my speakers, and my entire system locks up???

Let me give you my system specs:

1Ghz Athlon

512MB Ram

GF 4200 Video card w/ 128 MB SDRAM

Sound Blaster Live

I have the latest drivers for all my components, and have not had any problems before. My video card is not overclocked, I have it set to manu. specs. I have gone over the system many times, and cannot figure out what might be wrong :confused:

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so...What did you do to correct the problem?

Thank You.

If it worked before, did you change anything on your system before it stopped working?

Installed new drivers? You may want to try going back to the previous ones.

Moved your PC around? Check if all PCI/AGP cards are inserted firmly in their slots. Also check your heat sinks/fans. Are they working correctly?

Do you have similar problems with other programs? Perhaps a piece of hardware has gone bad.

Also try monitoring the temperature of your CPU and graphics card. Are they running too hot?

Sorry for the vague answer, but I can't extract any precise reason from your description.

Dschugaschwili

Guest Panzer Boxb

I had this problem with my SB Live card until I read somewhere that it can happen with some motherboards. The solution for me was to move the SB to the very last PCI slot in the system and update the drivers. Haven't had a lock-up since.

Dschugaschwili: Thank you for your response. I have gone over evertyhing I can think of, in my system. I believe you are correct though about

the overheating issue, that seems to be the culprit. I have added extra cooling, so I'll see how that goes.

Panzer Boxb: Thank you to. My SBL card is already in the bottom PCI slot, with latest drivers. I think overall it comes down to the cooling factor.

:D