Nvidia Control Panel - Game Specific Settings

Seems I was wrong about overclocking my CPU bringing graphical stability (see other thread). I made one other change at the same time as I overclocked and it is that other change that has made the difference. In fact I have now clocked my CPU back to its original speed (2.4ghz)and am getting great graphics with everying maxed out (Best/Best/V-synch on/AA and AF on).

The thing I did that has made the difference is to STOP using the facility in the Nvidia control panel that lets you allocate non-default settings to individual games. I now just use the cards default settings with AA and AF both set to 8x. So it seems that for me at least there is some incompatibility between CMX2 and the Nvidia control panel that allows non-default settings for specific games. Just thought this might help others with Nvidia cards.....