Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Another Geforce Question

Guest Stuart J. Vincent

Guest Stuart J. Vincent

I have a new sysytem, which was a clearance model with a local computer supplier in the UK.

It has the following:

Athlon 2000+ processor

1Gb DDR RAM

Geforce 3 Ti500 64Mb

Windows XP Home

I have read all the driver recommendations both here and on BoB. My card has the 28.32 drivers installed and both CMBO and the CMBB demo seem to run ok with them.

My question is what are the advantages of upgrading to the 29.42 drivers as recommended here or the 30.82 as on BoB tech support?

The 30.82 drivers are fine and they are what i am using, although i only have a gforce 2mx. There are also the new detonator 40 somethingorothers which are designed specially for systems XP although they are Beta only at the momemt. A amte of mine used them but had a lot of problems with them. I'd use the 30.82 if I were you as they seem to be pretty solid.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

By the way, it's pretty rare that anything other than game-specific fixes and so-called "performance increases" (albeit minor) come from new drivers.

If you do choose to upgrade though, make sure you uninstall the old drivers first, choose a generic VGA driver, and reboot. Then install the new ones.

BeWary