Patch deleting battles and disabling quick battles (Paradox version)

Hi!

I found a nasty bug within the 1.01a patch (and all patches following this one) for the (german) Paradox CD version.

After installing the patch there are only 3 battles left ("Strength and Faith", "Tactical Vignette 98-3" and "Tactical Vignette 99-2") and after clicking "ok" on the quick battle screen (where you select battle type etc) you are taken back to the main menu.

Checked it on different PCs, without patch all battles are there, with the patch everything is gone. As this is caused by the 1.01a patch it's probably also included in the other patches (none of them fixed the problem).

Is there a workaround for this?

Everything else works fine.

I think I know what you are doing. Go into the game options (after you patched) and select the language of the game to be what it was before you patched. The patches could be resetting the game language.

The game always only shows the scenarios for the given language.

Are you playing in German, English or French?

You will notice that all three languages have their own Game Data folders.

Madmatt

Worked (after changing language and restarting). I now have 18 scenarios.

Is there a possibility to copy the files between the scenario folders of the different language versions?

The german translation is unfortunately destroying a lot of the atmosphere.

The campaign worked fine btw.

Originally posted by foid:

Worked (after changing language and restarting). I now have 18 scenarios.

Is there a possibility to copy the files between the scenario folders of the different language versions?

The german translation is unfortunately destroying a lot of the atmosphere.

The campaign worked fine btw.

Yup, you can do that. You can copy the language specific files back and forth, but the briefings are in the native language.

Madmatt