QB quantity of units question

I just finished playing a Syrian v Syrian QB and attached is the screenshot at the end (I was on the defense):

too_many.jpg

My question; does it seem to you like that's WAY too many attacking infantry? 256 attacking v 52 defending or just about 5 to 1. The scenario was (supposed to be) a probe and both sides ended up being conscript Syrian infantry.

Anyone else seen these kinds of really outrageously mismatched numbers?

Yeah, it seems a lot more reasonable with a -30% modifier. Probably something that needs looked at though, I should probably go find one of the QB threads over in the general forum or here and add that bit in (if it isn't already).

[Edit]

Hmm... actually -30% might be a little too drastic, I'll have to try -20% and see how it goes.

[ September 08, 2007, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Sadly I just ran through a bunch of impromptu testing with hotseat QBs in 1.03 and here's another classic:

still_goofy.jpg

The attackers have 43 regular conscripts, the defenders have 131. That was with a 20% force reduction for the attackers.

The force picks were ok a couple of times, but would also come up with force selections like the above. I'm ok with not purchasing my units if the computer doesn't do stuff like that (note: both forces were Syrian Light Infantry and were conscripts)!

[Edit]

To be clear; I don't mind difficult battles that are not "even", but in setups like those illustrated here there's not even a remote chance for one side.