Problem with 1.03

Goodaye,

I've just bought a downloadable copy of the game today from Battlefront. It tells me it is version 1.02 so I downloaded the 1.03 battlefront patch (confirmed) and installed only to find that...

1.The game stills shows 1.02 on the main screen when I launch

2.The patch message "missing Eula.." comes up when you try and launch the game at the completion of the patch installation

3.None of the new functionality, eg. the "Show all moves" hotkey option is being displayed

All of which indicate that the patch hasn't updated the game. I downloaded the 1.03 patch from GamersHell via Battlefront and can confirm it is the CMSF_v103_Battlefront_Patch.zip and exe files.

Am I doing anything wrong or have I unearthed a problem?

Cheers,

PLugger

Goodaye Misgha,

Thanks for the tip. Spot on.

I had installed Shockforce into a directory that wasn't the default and even though I pointed the 1.03 patch to the correct place it got bloody minded and patched the non-existant default directory (c:\program...\battlefront\combat...)

I removed Shockforce and reinstalled into the default directory, patched away and viola!

It's all good now.

Cheers,

Plugger

While I am glad that you got it working, several things you mentioned concerned me.

First, the patch SHOULD detect where the game is installed, no matter what

Second, the patch doesnt have any EULA file (its a license agreement text) and I have never seen that error EVER before in any patch or installer I made, so thats curious.

Are you POSITIVE you downloaded the Battlefront.com v1.03 patch? What was its exact size?

I just want to make sure that there isn't some corrupted patch floating around because the behavior your describing is certainly not normal.

Madmatt

Just to update, I did some tests, installed CMSF in a non-standard directory, then downloaded the patch and it worked exactly as it was supposed to. It detected the new directory location, patched fine with no errors.

I will keep my eyes open though if anyone else ever encounters something like what you saw.

Madmatt

Goodaye Matt,

The patch file I downloaded from Gamershell last friday was "CMSF_v103_Battlefront_Patch.exe with a size of 97,953 kb.

I had initially installed CMSF in the C:\program files\combat... folder (same as default, just excluded the 'battlefront' subdirectory).

I tried patching twice with no success. The first time I simply changed the directory to the correct one(where I had put the game) by altering the text readout of the directory in the patch program. No luck. The second time I used the browse button to manually go to the correct directory. No luck.

On both occassions I found that the 1.03 patch notes installed to the correct place but all the files went to the default, c:\program..\battlefront\shock.. directory, which by the way, didn't exist until I ran the patch.

I also got the EULA message on both occassions.

I solved the problem as mentioned in an earlier post.

My computer rig is pretty standard with no virtual drives or dual operating systems.

Hope this is of some help.

I assume that you're the same Matt that helped me out with my tangled-up download order (wrong email address). If so, thanks again.

Cheers,

Plugger