My first encounter with a minefield.

For *spoiler* reasons I’m not naming the battle I was playing, but after a left flank attack to take the German’s first trench line I decided to swoop my remaining tank and inf force (mainly reinforcements) around to the right flank to take the second trench line. Had to go past the German anti-tank/inf defenses first to get to an open field to approach the right flank. I send in my tank force first to deal with a PAK and a jagdpanzer that were protecting that flank followed closely by most of my inf. Suddenly my tanks started to get hit one by one and I lost all of them before I new what was going on. Thought I ran them into an anti-tank kill zone. Then my inf started to get blown up. German arty? No, I ran my whole force head on into a minefield! That was the reason this field was open to my approach.

It took some serious sulking and “Booing” before I finally admitted that was a pretty good defense trick and I was an idiot for not probing that line of advance before committing my whole force. :rolleyes:

Excellent battle!

Cheers,

Pat.

[ June 22, 2007, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Leger Des Onheils ]