Real World Tactics...

I have so MUCH fun whit this Game...

Its so rewarding playing on hard and testing out real world tactics that work...sure its dame hard some time..

But the reward for seeing a well taught plan come to a glorious victorious end...well nice all in all..

My advice if you get stuck on a mission is to look around you and try to read the terrain.

Always use it to your advantage and when choosing troops do it whit your plan in mind...combined arms works like a charm..

http://www-cgsc.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/Wray/Images/figure5.gif

Coming of like a fan boy :D

I think the AI does the first part of panzer breakthough and encirclement when assaulting trenches.

They come in sideways and go around the trench, then park a little far behind it while they provide cover fire for the advancing infantry.

Not that in this game the infantry is needed at all when assaulting trenches, but it still looks ok.

I'm still missing the point infantry in most situations in this game.

They are certainly usefull for attacking heavily fortified inverse slope situations where you need some meat to grind, but in general I have only found them usefull facing the infantry waves of the enemy (not that the tanks can't do it with their eyes closed, it just looks prettier).

The fact that most infantry is useless against tanks makes this game very tank-oriented.

I can march a single light tank in a flood of non-ATR infantry and splatter them all.

With the main gun happily shooting the hell out of anything in sight, enough HE rounds for a proper genocide and the quite good infantry spotting ability (even when prone and not moving) it's all a piece of cake.

Even with ATR troops around, you can peripherally snipe all the dangerous units and then move in (or slowly retreat if you're defending).

If the infantry were a tad bit less vulnerable to tanks and mainly AT's in sub 50m ranges, it would all make much more sense.

If I see one more AT shooting AP rounds through all my advanding prone soldiers one more time, I'll freak out.

Not even snipers have that kind of accuracy.

Ever tried to approach a solo tankdestroyer from the rear with an AT man?

Took me about 10 loads before he managed to crawl into range and shoot the zooka in it (and hit @50m). Usually the td would move around and shoot him in the face (literally).

The manual does state that enemies approached from the rear are invisible unless they make sound, the point how can a tank crew hear an approaching soldier from the rear when the damn engine is on!

Huumm..

I have managed to take out Russian tank destroyers whit panzerfaust´s..actually 3 of them in one battle..i think it was in operation citadel in the German campaign...

And i have seen a Tiger getting Knocked out by regular infantry in a trench who looped grenades at it...but i agree in general that there is favorisation on tank warfare..but hay we both like that so....