Problems with textures

Hi there!

I've got a strange problem with ToW since I installed the newest nVIDIA x64 169.21 forceware for my GigaByte GeForce 7600GT under Win XP x64.

Formerly, the sky, tree and decals textures (shell impact points on tanks) were fine but after the newest driver installation they look like this:

20080412164301dn1.th.png

While it doesn't have any impact on performance it spoils the overall game experience.

Dear generals. What to do with it?

I ran those same drivers on my 8800GT for a months with no problems. I would suggest going in to the Nvidia control panel and check all of the main settings to be what you had them to before. I would try and set as many options as you can to "application preference" especially anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering. Also try and turn Threaded Optimizations to OFF or Auto and Extension Limits to OFF.

You might also want to check out the new Nvidia 174.74 beta drivers. I am using them now and haven't had any problems with them, but of course they are beta.

Madmatt

Hi Madmatt, I've already checked those values and have tried different settings in nVidia Control Panel before posting this problem and none of the combinations worked. But I also noticed that this problem appeared in other OpenGL applications so I just reverted to former drivers. I couldn't stand those neon-textures.